We are currently seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant for our Edwardsville, IL office.
- High School diploma required. Associate degree or similar education in the accounting, administrative support, or bookkeeping field is preferred. Comparable work experience will be considered.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. QuickBooks and accounting software experience is a plus.
- Strong analytical and time-management skills; reasonable, dependable, and organized work habits.
- Experience required in customer service, data entry, or administrative support in an office environment
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects and increased workload simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment during tax season (January thru April).
- Must be able to work increased hours during tax season, including weeknights and weekends.
- Prepare, organize, and electronically file tax returns and financial documents for clients
- Perform journal entry maintenance and QuickBooks support
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Payroll preparation, including monthly and quarterly payroll tax returns
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Provide general clerical and administrative support for office
- Work closely with clients to ensure quality and timely service
- Answer phones, greet clients, and provide excellent client service