We are looking for a qualified Administrative & Payroll Clerk to assist in all activities regarding the management of payroll processing for clients. You will undertake a variety of tasks such as entering payroll information, calculating wages and making payments, as well as general office administrative duties. An excellent administrative & payroll clerk has great understanding of the concept of confidentiality. You will be experienced in entering data with attention to detail. The ideal candidate will be a thorough professional with good communication abilities. The goal is to carry out all payroll procedures with speed and accuracy. Training will be provided.
- General Office Administration (answering phones, client interaction, filing, etc)
- Manage compensation packages using payroll software (Sage, QuickBooks, or other relevant payroll software)
- Collect and verify timekeeping information
- Calculate pay according to hours worked
- Calculate bonuses and commissions when appropriate
- Manage and calculate taxes and deductions
- Initiate periodical payments timely either by preparing and administering checks or making direct deposits through a bank payment system.
- Issues statements and invoices and maintain records
- Update paper and electronic payroll record by entering adjustments on pay rates, employee status changes, etc.
- Accuracy and timely records control
- Answer questions regarding payroll with clients
- Investigate and resolve any discrepancies in payroll
- Prepare and submit reports with payroll information (monthly, quarterly and annually)
- General Bookkeeping
- Associates Degree or equivalent work experience; BS/BA in accounting/business administration is a plus, willing to train the right candidate
- Proven experience as a payroll clerk a plus
- Familiarity with general accounting principles
- Experience in data collection, entry and reporting with great attention to detail and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of relevant policies, and regulations
- Computer savvy with working knowledge of relevant software (Sage or QuickBooks)
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication abilities with aptitude in problem-solving
- 401(k) / 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Job Type: Full-Time
Schedule: 8 hour shift
Education: Associate (preferred)
- QuickBooks: 1 year
- Bookkeeping: 1 year
Work Location: Jerseyville, IL
To apply for this position, please click the button below.