An Experiential Paid Internship for Accounting Students
The FOCUS Internship Program offers mentoring, specialized training, and an in-depth introduction into public accounting for college students. This is not a “get me coffee” internship. You would work side-by-side with our professionals and our clients, and really experience what it’s like to work in public accounting.
We provide mentoring and training from every level of our team. Our Accountants, Principals, Managers, and Supervisors will teach you the ins and outs of tax season and walk you through complex financial issues for our clients.
We will work around your class schedule to ensure you have every opportunity to continue your education while you work in the FOCUS Program. We have seven offices throughout Southern Illinois so you can to request a location that’s most convenient for you.
FOCUS usually runs from January through April of each year, as it is mainly a tax season internship for students interested in a future in public accounting. You can apply today through our online submission form.
- College Senior with a GPA of at least 3.0
- Upbeat and positive personality
- Motivated and ready to work hard and learn from the team
- A desire for a career in public accounting
- General and working knowledge of accounting practices and tax services
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with clients and coworkers
- Strong organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to assist in the preparation of business and individual income tax returns
- Desire to be an important member of a large team that services a variety of individuals, industries, and niches
- Competitive hourly compensation
- Mentor program throughout Internship
- Real-world experience and exposure to multiple types of tax filings
- Work in a fun and rewarding environment
- Training and hands-on experience with widely-used tax and accounting programs
- Flexible scheduling to work around classes and extracurricular activities
- Invitations to all firm-sponsored events including Holiday parties, firm Open Houses, After Tax Party, and more
“From the people I worked with to everything that I learned, I am so glad I chose to intern at Scheffel Boyle. It is an experience I will carry with me for the rest of my career.”
–Chrissy, 2015 SIUE Graduate