We are seeking a full-time Bookkeeper to join our team in Belleville. The bookkeeper candidate should have an Associate’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience, as well as a knowledge of accounting practices. Preference will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software package and with supervisory skills. The candidate should be very detail oriented. If you are a good fit, apply today!
- Two to four-year college degree with focus in Accounting, Business Administration, or relatable field; comparable work experience will also be considered.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. QuickBooks, Sage, Accounting CS, and other accounting software experience is a plus.
- Strong analytical and time-management skills; reasonable, dependable, and organized work habits
- Experience required in payroll processing, customer service, data entry, bookkeeping, or administrative support in an office environment.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects and increased workload simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment during peak seasons
- Must be able to work increased hours during peak seasons, including weeknights and weekends
- Maintains payroll information, collecting, calculating and entering payroll data
- Updates payroll records by entering changes and compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, including monthly and quarterly payroll tax returns
- Provide journal entry maintenance and QuickBooks support
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Perform bookkeeping, payroll tax returns and general accounting functions for a variety of clients
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate records to remain in compliance with regulatory standards
- Filing of tax documents in accordance with applicable laws and regulations
- Work closely with clients to ensure quality and timely service
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (Cafeteria Plan)
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) with company-matching contribution plan
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off policy
- Membership reimbursement for approved civic and professional activities
- Competitive salary package
- CPA Passing Bonus
- Continuing Education provided through corporate programming
You can now apply for this position using one of these options:
- Complete the form on the Available Opportunities page
- Click the “Apply on Indeed” button below