Build a Great Career at Scheffel Boyle
Scheffel Boyle offers ideal career opportunities for intelligent and enthusiastic professionals. We are the largest metro-east owned and operated CPA firm, and one of the largest accounting firms in the entire St. Louis region. Our size is a great advantage to our professionals. They are able to work in a location that’s most convenient for them, and can travel to any of our seven locations to meet with clients.
Because of the breadth of services we provide, you will learn from and work with professionals in a variety of disciplines to provide the best, most comprehensive client solutions. Our diverse clients also offer you the opportunity to learn about a variety of industries and their particular experiences, challenges, and needs. We invest in each employee’s professional development so they can grow in their careers, and ideally become one of the best in their field. We’ll encourage you to grow your experience and career in the manner and timing that you choose. We offer numerous soft skills, business processes, and technical training opportunities to help you expand your knowledge and leadership capabilities. And, we will work with you to create a career path to meet your long-term goals, including the necessary hands-on training and assistance needed to get you there.
The Scheffel Boyle Culture
We believe in creating a casual, enjoyable work environment that’s built on talent and teamwork. We all enjoy working together to serve our clients’ best interests and find the best solutions. We highly value our employees, their ideas, and their contributions to our clients’ financial successes. We support and care for each other like family.
“Best of the Best: Best Accountant”
In 2021, Scheffel Boyle was named “Best Accountant” by The Telegraph for the Madison County and the Riverbend areas. The Telegraph had a total of 165,911 votes, making 2021 the most participation from readers towards their favorite businesses.
“Best Accounting Firm”
In 2019, Scheffel Boyle was named one of the “Best Accounting Firms” by St. Louis Small Business Monthly. Only 25 other businesses in the entire St. Louis area were honored with this recognition. Winners were chosen based on their employee benefits packages, company perks, and overall corporate atmosphere and culture.
Compensation & Incentives
- Competitive Salary and Compensation Packages
- In-House Investment Advisors & Assistance
- Company-Matching 401(k) Program
- Compensation Bonus or PTO for Busy Season Overtime Work
Professional & Personal Development
- Mentor Program
- CPA Exam Bonus Program
- Internal and External CPE Courses
- Reimbursement for Approved Civic and Professional Activities
- Company-Sponsored “Day of Service” Event
- Membership & Access to Community & Industry Organizations
Health & Wellness
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Disability
- Short-Term Disability
- Cafeteria Plan/Flexible Spending Account
- Health & Dental Insurance
Life & Work Balance
- Senior Accountants and Above are only required to work 48 hours in office for tax season (remainder can be WFH)
- 15 Days Work From Home during Non-Tax Season
- Paid Holidays
- General Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy for Vacation and Sick Days
- Multiple Employee-Appreciation Events, Activities, and Programs
- Annual “After Tax Season Party” for Employees & Spouses
- Flexible Hours