We are currently seeking an experienced Accountant to join our team! Experience of 2 or more years in public accounting is required, and both CPAs and CPA candidates are welcome to apply.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or a Bachelor’s Degree in Business with emphasis on Accounting
- Proven experience working in public accounting with professional knowledge in both tax and audit
- Relevant certification (e.g. CPA, CMA) preferred but not required
- Experience with major accounting and tax software packages including CCH Prosystems Tax, Caseware, Sage, QuickBooks and other applicable software products is preferred.
- Proficient in both MS Word and Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Effective time management skills in a fast paced and deadline-driven environment
- Strong analytical and financial skills with a keen attention for detail
- Desire to be an important member of a large team; working both collectively and independently
- Must have a high level of respect for confidentiality
- Conduct financial statement engagements from planning to report presentation.
- Preparation of both business and individual income tax returns.
- Develop and implement accounting procedures by analyzing current processes and recommending changes
- Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts
- Provide excellent customer service to a diverse community
- Conduct research of various accounting and tax issues
- Identification of tax planning opportunities
- Must be able to work additional hours during tax season, including weeknights and weekends, with compensation.
- Minimal Travel may be required, with mileage reimbursement
- Integrity, credibility, and commitment to Scheffel Boyle’s mission
- Senior Accountants and Above are only required to work 48 hours in office for tax season (remainder can be WFH)
- 15 Days Work From Home during Non-Tax Season
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (Cafeteria Plan)
- Earned PTO for overtime worked during busy season, paid holidays, and vacation/PTO package
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) with company-matching contribution plan
- Membership reimbursement for approved civic and professional activities
- Competitive salary package
- CPA Passing Bonus with PTO for taking the exam
- Continuing Education provided through corporate programming
To apply for this position, please click the button below.