We are seeking an Office Accounting Assistant to join our team. This position will play an integral role in the organizational and administrative support of our firm. Qualified candidates will have a strong background in accounting and payroll, experience in human resources and/or office management, and the ability to learn and grow in a position. Experience working in a professional setting and a degree or certification in the accounting, business, or finance fields is preferred, but comparable professional experience will also be considered.
- Two or four year college degree with focus in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field; comparable work experience will also be considered
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience with QuickBooks and other tax and accounting software is preferred, but not required
- Strong analytical and time-management skills; reasonable, dependable, and organized work habits
- Experience required in customer service, data entry, bookkeeping, payroll, or administrative support in an office environment
- Data entry and processing for A/P, A/R, and Payroll systems
- Payroll preparation, including monthly and quarterly payroll tax returns
- Monitor credit card charges, payment discrepancies, refunds, and miscellaneous charges
- Maintain orderly financial filing system
- Reconcile accounts monthly and prepare reports to present to management
- Works with management to maintain employee benefits programs; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids
- Assist in maintaining historical employee records by maintaining a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records
- Assist in ensuring legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) with company-matching contribution plan
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off policy
- Membership reimbursement for approved civic and professional activities
- Competitive salary package
- Continuing Education provided through corporate programming
To apply for this position, please click the button below.