Dale B. Holtmann, CPA
Principal | Columbia, IL | Belleville, IL
Areas of Expertise
- Audit & Assurance
- Tax Planning & Preparation
- GASB 34 Implementation/Reporting
- Non-Profit Agencies
- Governmental Entities
- Manufacturing Industry
- School Districts
Education & Certifications
- B.S.B.A., Accounting, Eastern Illinois University, 1988
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), 1999
Dale first began his career in public accounting in 1989 and currently serves clients out of Scheffel Boyle’s Columbia and Belleville offices. He is the leader of the firm’s Governmental and Non-Profit service niche and specializes in serving those industries. Dale is the Principal-in-Charge of multiple audits of municipal entities, counties, wholesalers, manufacturing companies, and non-profit agencies. He also serves as a technical reviewer for firm-wide governmental audits due to his extensive experience in serving local governments.
Dale grew up in Albers, IL and still lives in town with his family. He’s very active in his local community and, in his spare time, he enjoys coaching his young son’s baseball team and playing golf when the St. Louis weather allows it.
When asked to name his favorite part of his job, Dale said he enjoys helping clients file the most advantageous tax return as possible and being a knowledgeable resource when they face financial roadblocks. He went on to say that he views it as an important responsibility of his to help governmental clients be fiscally responsible to its constituents and remain in compliance with state and local laws.
Community Involvement, Past & Present
- Greater Belleville Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Albers Park, Board of Directors & Treasurer
- Albers Commercial Club, Member
- Albers Little League Baseball Coach, Volunteer
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Illinois CPA Society (ILCPAS)
- Illinois Governmental Conference