George E. Moore III, CPA
Manager | Alton, IL
Areas of Expertise
- Audit & Assurance Services
- Tax Planning & Preparation
- Construction Companies
- Privately-Held Agencies
- Employee Benefit Plans
Education & Certifications
- B.S., Accounting, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, 1997
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), 1997
George is a Manager in Scheffel Boyle’s Alton office and has been with the firm since 1997. His specialties are audit, assurance, and tax services for a variety of entities, including construction firms and non-profit agencies of all sizes. George is a valuable member of Scheffel Boyle’s Construction Accounting Team. He is also a contributor to the firm’s A&A Quality Control department and has been involved in firm-wide training initiatives for his fellow coworkers.
George is originally from Staunton, Illinois and currently lives in Godfrey with his wife, Teresa, and daughter. He is extremely active in the local community, including serving as the Past President and Current Treasurer of the Wood River Rotary Club, volunteering for the Salvation Army as a bell-ringer during the holiday season, and participating in food drives for the Community Hope Center. In fact, George was recognized as a Paul Harris Fellow in Rotary due to his contributions to the organization.
George is an avid sports fan and enjoys traveling and seeing different stadiums throughout the country. He first got into public accounting because he always had a knack for numbers and enjoys working closely with clients to help them organize their finances and maintain profitability. George’s knowledge and expertise is of great value to his team at Scheffel Boyle.
Community Involvement, Past & Present
- Riverbend Growth Association, Member
- Wood River Rotary Club, Current Treasurer & Past President
- Salvation Army, Volunteer
- Community Hope Center, Volunteer
- Paul Harris Fellow, Recipient
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Illinois CPA Society (ILCPAS)
- Southern Illinois Builders Association (SIBA)
- Associated General Contractors (AGC)