Heather R. Clugston, CPA
Manager | Highland, IL
Areas of Expertise
- Audit & Assurance Services
- Tax Planning & Preparation
- Governmental Entities
- Privately-Held Businesses
Education & Certifications
- B.S., Accountancy, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, 2009
- M.S.A., Accountancy, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, 2010
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), 2011
Heather first joined the Scheffel Boyle team in 2008 and is currently a Manager in the Highland office. She is a valuable member of the firm’s Governmental Niche and provides audit, compliance, and tax services to a variety of governmental agencies in our region. She also provides both tax and assurance services to many businesses and private individuals in her local community.
Heather grew up in St. Rose, Illinois and now lives in Trenton with her family. She enjoys being active in her community and is a volunteer for a few local non-profit associations, including serving as Treasurer for the Highland Jaycees. She was even a recipient of the Award of Excellence from the Highland Jaycees for her continued service to the organization.
Heather’s interest in public accounting began in high school and grew throughout her college career as she earned both her Bachelors and Masters Degrees in Accounting from SIUE. She enjoys forming a close relationship with her clients and offering valuable insights to improve their business practices and financial stability. Heather’s professional experience and knowledge in the accounting industry is an asset to both her clients and her team at Scheffel Boyle.
Community Involvement, Past & Present
- Highland Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Highland Jaycees, Former Treasurer
- Highland Jaycees Award of Excellence Recipient
- American Cancer Society, Volunteer
- St. Paul’s Kirchenfest, Volunteer
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- AICPA Governmental Audit Quality Center (GAQC)