Keith G. Brinkmann, CPA
Principal | Columbia, IL | Belleville, IL
Areas of Expertise
- Audit & Assurance
- Accounting Practices
- Tax Planning & Preparation
- GASB 34 Implementation/Reporting
- Financial Institutions
- Construction Companies
- Governmental Entities
- School Districts
Education & Certifications
- B.S.B.A., Accounting, St. Louis University, 1981
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), 1982
Keith is a Principal and works out of both the Belleville and Columbia offices. He first began his career in public accounting in 1981. With decades of experience in a variety of industries, Keith serves as an audit leader/partner on audit engagements where he performs all facets of the audit, including preparation of financial statements, reports, and findings letters.
Keith undergoes continuing education with the firm and meets the requirements of the AICPA and Government Auditing Standards. Keith’s experience with GASB 34 implementation and reporting requirements has been crucial during the audit engagements of municipal entities in Illinois.
Keith grew up in Waterloo and still lives there today with his family. When asked why he comes to work every day, Keith says he loves “having a trusting relationship with people and trying to help them in any way possible.” He also enjoys being part of the team at Scheffel Boyle because he’s able to provide his clients with access to hundreds of years of combined financial industry experience from his colleagues, which improves the overall level of service he can offer.
Community Involvement, Past & Present
- Greater Belleville Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Waterloo Optimist Club, Member
- Columbia Chamber of Commerce, Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Illinois CPA Society (ILCPAS)