Sarah L. Smith, CPA
Manager | Alton, IL
Areas of Expertise
- Audit & Assurance
- Tax Planning & Preparation
- Financial Institutions
- School Districts
- Non-Profit Agencies
Education & Certifications
- B.S., Business Administration, Southeast Missouri State, 2004
- M.S., Accountancy, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, 2007
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), 2006
Sarah first joined Scheffel Boyle in 2005 and is currently a Manager in the firm’s Alton office. Her client specialties include audit, assurance, and tax services for local school districts and financial institutions, specifically credit unions. She also provides audit and tax services to a variety of non-profit agencies in the region.
Sarah is originally from Godfrey and still lives in town today with her husband, Matt, and two young children. She is an avid volunteer for the Scheffel Boyle Shares program and regularly donates her time to numerous philanthropic efforts in the Riverbend. She enjoys living and working in her community and assisting the local government and regional leaders maintain compliance and financial integrity for their constituents.
In addition to serving her clients, Sarah is also involved in training and on-boarding programs for the younger staff at the firm. She has taken part in various continuing education initiatives and also serves as a mentor for new hires in her office. Her professional knowledge and business acumen are an asset to both her clients and her team at Scheffel Boyle.
Community Involvement, Past & Present
- Riverbend Growth Association, Member
- Big Brothers Big Sisters, Volunteer
- 1st United Methodist Church, Treasurer
- Community Bankers Association of Illinois
- Illinois CPA Society (ILCPAS)
- Illinois Bankers Association