The Outsourced Accounting Staff role is responsible for managing client accounting assignments and projects, including the completion of assignment tasks and project components and meeting client expectations. You will handle multiple clients at any one time. Duties will include preparing and compilation financial statement engagements, full scope general ledger processing including payables/receivables processing, bank reconciliations, recording bank and credit card activity, vendor inquiries, processing deposits, payroll, recording journal entries, and quarterly forms.
Your work will include month end/quarter end closing procedures on multiple clients. Your work will be closely supervised through coaching and training, and you can expect to receive hands-on guidance from the senior, manager, or principal in charge of the engagement. The firm expects you to demonstrate flexibility, have a willingness to seek out advice, and exhibit an ambition for learning. We anticipate that after a year you will be able to perform increasingly complex functions with little or no direct supervision.
After gaining appropriate experience, you should see significant client contact.
- QuickBooks ProAdvisor is a plus
- Minimum of two years’ experience with QuickBooks
- Associates/BA/BS degree in Accounting preferred
- Team player with a positive approach
- Strong computer skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills required
- A passion for and sense of personal satisfaction in delighting clients and helping small businesses succeed
- Confidence in learning and embracing new technology to solve client issues.
- Experience in developing strong remote team relationships based on trust, accountability, integrity, and sharing of best practices
- Commitment to maintain the highest level of confidentiality while working with client data
- Work with various clients across multiple industries to ensure accounting information is provided in a timely and accurate format
- Perform various accounting processing functions including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, bank reconciliations, billing, check writing and balance sheet reconciliations
- Perform general ledger account analysis and reconciliations using excel or accounting software to solve business and accounting issues
- Establish effective work schedules to meet client needs
- Build and nurture strong working relationships with clients
- Work as an effective team member to complete project components and assignment tasks
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (Cafeteria Plan)
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) with company-matching contribution plan
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off policy
- Membership reimbursement for approved civic and professional activities
- Competitive salary package
- CPA Passing Bonus
- Continuing Education provided through corporate programming