The outsourced accountant role is responsible for managing client accounting assignments and projects. You will handle multiple clients at any one time. Duties will include assisting with compiled financial statement engagements, full scope general ledger processing including payables/receivables processing, bank reconciliations, recording bank and credit card activity, vendor inquiries, processing deposits, process payroll, recording journal entries, and quarterly tax forms.
Your work will be closely supervised through coaching and training, and you can expect to receive hands-on guidance from senior, manager, or principal in charge of the engagement. The firm expects you to demonstrate flexibility, have a willingness to seek out advice, and exhibit an ambition for learning.
After gaining appropriate experience, you should see increased client contact.
- Maintains payroll information, collecting, calculating, and entering payroll data
- Update’s payroll records by entering changes and compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, including monthly and quarterly payroll tax returns
- Provide journal entry maintenance and QuickBooks support
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Perform bookkeeping, payroll tax returns and general accounting functions for a variety of clients
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate records to remain in compliance with regulatory standards
- Filing of tax documents in accordance with applicable laws and regulations
- Work closely with clients to ensure quality and timely service
- QuickBooks ProAdvisor is a plus
- Minimum of two years’ experience in accounting and payroll duties
- Associates/BA/BS degree in accounting preferred or working towards degree
- Team player with a positive approach
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills required
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, and Excel; QuickBooks, Sage, Accounting CS, and other accounting software experience a plus
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects and increased workload simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
To apply for this position, please click the button below.