We are seeking a part-time Payroll Assistant to join our team in Belleville. This position will be responsible for providing payroll services and bookkeeping to clients from a variety of industries. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a professional setting, payroll processing experience, excellent customer service skills, and a higher education degree or certification in the accounting, business, or finance fields. Comparable experience will also be considered. We are looking for a positive, motivated, team player to join our team. If you are a good fit, apply today!
- Two or four year college degree with focus in Accounting, Business Administration, or relatable field; comparable work experience will also be considered
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. QuickBooks, Sage, Accounting CS, and other various tax/accounting software experience is preferred.
- Strong analytical and time-management skills; reasonable, dependable, and organized work habits
- Experience required in payroll, customer service, data entry, bookkeeping, or administrative support in an office environment
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects and increased workload simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment during peak seasons
- Must be able to work increased hours during peak seasons, including weeknights and weekends
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Data entry and processing for payroll systems
- Payroll preparation, including monthly and quarterly payroll tax returns
- Perform journal entry maintenance and accounting software support
- Manage payroll processes for clients, keeping up-to-date and accurate records to remain in compliance with regulatory standards
- Filing of tax documents in accordance with applicable laws and regulations
- Work closely with clients to ensure quality and timely service