We are hiring Seasonal Tax Professionals for the January – April 2024 Tax Season at all our locations!
Scheffel Boyle is recognized as the largest locally owned accounting firm in Southwestern Illinois and as one of the largest accounting firms in the entire St. Louis region. Our offices are currently located in Alton, Edwardsville, Belleville, Highland, Jerseyville, Columbia, and Carrollton, Illinois.
We are seeking someone who is passionate about providing a high-quality work, eager to serve clients with diverse tax needs and advance their tax knowledge during the busy tax season. Both full-time and part-time positions available!
We want someone who loves digging into the details of individual tax returns and shares our opinion that the more complex the return, the better. If you love tax season and want to find a place to flourish year after year, we have a position for you at Scheffel Boyle!
- Prepare federal and multi-state income tax returns for individuals, business, and trusts and estates
- Demonstrate knowledge, technical skills, and work quality
- Communicate with clients and follow up as needed
- Conduct tax consultations with clients and answer client questions as needed
- Uphold current firm and industry standards
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience completing complex individual returns (Form 1040 with schedule C, D, E, and F but not limited to)
- Experience with business returns is a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate in person and in writing
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in fast paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple returns of varying sizes and complexity while meeting all required deadlines
- Professional appearance, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- CPA or Enrolled Agent (EA) certification a plus
- Minimum 2 years of tax preparation experience
If this sounds like a good fit for you and you are interested in being part of our tax season team, please click the button below to apply.