Now hiring at all locations!
We are seeking someone who is passionate about providing a high-quality work, eager to serve clients with diverse tax needs and advance their tax knowledge during the busy tax season.
We want someone who loves digging into the details of individual tax returns and shares our opinion that the more complex the return, the better. If you love tax season and want to find a place to flourish year after year, we have the position for you at Scheffel Boyle!
- Prepare federal and multi-state income tax returns for individuals, businesses, and trusts and estates
- Demonstrate knowledge, technical skills, and work quality
- Communicate with clients and follow up as needed
- Conduct tax consultations with clients and answer client questions as needed
- Uphold current firm and industry standards
Required Skills & Expertise:
- Experience completing individual returns (Form 1040 with Schedules C, D, E, and F, but not limited to)
- Experience with business returns is a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate in person and in writing
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple returns of varying sizes and complexity while meeting all required deadlines
- Professional appearance, excellent organizational skills, and attention to detail
- CPA or Enrolled Agent (EA) certification a plus
- Minimum 1 year of tax preparation experience