When you join our team, you’re not just getting a job, you’re starting your career. As a staff accountant, you will receive training and mentorship from senior professionals in our firm. The variety of work you’re exposed to will make you a well-rounded professional and help you find your passion in public accounting.
As a hometown firm, we enjoy working closely with our clients, guiding them through challenges and celebrating their successes. Your career is what you make of it, and we give you the tools necessary to find a positive path for the future. We promote from within and enjoy seeing our people develop as professionals and foster a valuable, rewarding career within our walls.
As a firm, we are recognized as the largest locally-owned accounting firm in Southwestern Illinois, and as one of the largest accounting firms in the entire St. Louis region. Our offices are currently located in Alton, Edwardsville, Belleville, Highland, Jerseyville, Columbia, and Carrollton, Illinois.
- Both CPAs and CPA candidates are welcome to apply
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience with major accounting and tax software packages including CCH Prosystems Tax, Caseware, QuickBooks and other applicable software products is a plus but not required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with clients.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Strong organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- General audit, accounting, and tax law knowledge.
- Minimal Travel
- Desire to be an important member of a large team that services a variety of individuals, industries, and niches.
- Compensation and bonus program for overtime hours worked during busy season
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (Cafeteria Plan)
- Competitive salary package
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) with company-matching contribution plan
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off policy
- Membership reimbursement for approved civic and professional activities
- CPA Passing Bonus
- Fun, rewarding atmosphere with firm events throughout the year
- Continuing Education provided through corporate programming
- Free Parking at all locations